CAUTION WHEN PREGNANT/BREASTFEEDING
- Complete B complex formula in preferred forms including L-5-MTHF
- Contains L-theanine to help enhance the stress-reducing properties of a B complex
- No added fillers or unnecessary ingredients
Why you'll love it
Because who isn’t stressed these days? B Vitamins are important factors in energy production, hormone metabolism, adrenal health and cognitive and mental health, and as stress levels increase, so does the body’s demand for these critical nutrients.
Unlike other vitamins that have their own letter prefixes, the B vitamins have been grouped together because they all share similar properties, are found in nature together or have overlapping functions in the body. In total, there are 8 individual B Vitamins that are required as essential cofactors for thousands of processes in the body. They are: B1 (thiamin), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyridoxine), B7 (biotin), B9 (folate), B12 (cobalamin). There are also 4 other B Vitamins that are not considered essential as the body can make them on its own, but can often be found added in some B Complex supplements and include: choline, inositol, PABA, and lipoic acid.
Each B Vitamin has its unique role in the body, contributing individually and collaboratively to support healthy skin and hair, prevent early aging, slowing memory loss, forming red blood cells and managing the central nervous system. Because they are all water soluble, it is important to make sure you are getting a variety of B vitamins every day.
Most B Vitamins are fairly easy to obtain from a balanced diet in order to achieve the minimum recommended daily intake, however because of the importance of these vitamins in day to day functioning, many people find themselves more depleted than they can keep up with from diet alone. Of note, the following groups have a more critical needs for B Vitamins and should consider supplementing in addition to a whole foods diet:
– Women who are pregnant or trying to conceive should ensure they are taking a good quality Prenatal Multivitamin that has a mix of all the B’s in addition to sufficient levels of Folic Acid (B9) which is critical for neural tube development in a growing baby. A separate B Complex is not often required in addition to a good foundational prenatal regimen unless otherwise advised by your primary care provider
– Vegetarians, vegans or those who follow a primarily plant based diet could find themselves needing an additional B complex as many of the primary food sources are animal based, especially Vitamin B12 for which there are no reliable plant based sources.
– Those who tend to regularly consume more than 1-2 alcoholic drinks per day have a higher need for supplemental B Vitamins as the liver requires B Vitamins for the metabolism and removal of alcohol from the system. Furthermore, because alcohol is a diuretic and B Vitamins are water soluble, regular drinkers tend to lose more through fluids and require additional replacement.
– Regular or past use of the hormonal birth control pill can deplete B vitamins, so if getting off the pill is not an option at this time, taking a regular B Complex supplement will help make up for any losses.
– Chronic stress and anxiety can wreak havoc on our adrenal system leading to low energy, fatigue and mood changes. It’s important to work with your primary care provider to determine the root cause, but often times, supplementing with a high quality B complex can help restore levels and manage your stress as you work on implementing supportive lifestyle changes.
Why this formula?
How much do I really need?
Depending on your individual needs and other foundational supplements, we recommend taking between 1-2 capsules per day with food. Some people find B Vitamins to be stimulating, so we don’t recommend taking it past 3pm.
Still not sure what you’re after?
Take our Health Assessment and let us help!
Supplement FactsB COMPLEX (SYNERGY B) PER 1 CAPSULE
Amount Per Serving
L-theanine (derived from green tea)
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine HCL)
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin-5-phosphate)
Vitamin B3 (niacinamide)
Vitamin B5 (calcium d-pantothenate)
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal-5-phosphate)
Vitamin B7 (biotin)
Vitamin B9 (L-5-MTHF)
Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin)
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Vegetable-grade magnesium stearate, vegetable capsule
Recommended Use or Purpose: A factor in the maintenance of good health, helping to support liver function, promote relaxation and helping the body metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
Recommended Dose (Adults): Take 1 capsule twice daily with food.
Cautions & Warning: Caution advised during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
As with any natural health product, you should consult your healthcare practitioner on the use of this product. Store product in a cool and dry place. Keep out of reach of children. If you experience an adverse event or allergic reaction, discontinue use immediately and contact a healthcare professional.